Tuesday 19 July 2016

Scrappy Blocks

   Scrappy Blocks         




At last, I have got around to quilting the top I made from the left over units from the Scrappy Block Party workshop I gave at Connecting Threads Patchwork and Quilting Group in Elstree this January. I pieced this latest one to show the variety of patterns which you can make with the same basic units. It doesn’t have a name – any suggestions?
It will be on display at this year's NSPCC Garden party at Schopwick Place, High Street, Elstree, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 3SW, alongside lots of other lovely work by ladies in the group (and if it sells will make some money for this worthy cause).

The first quilt I produced from the workshop was a traditional Storm at Sea/ Snail Trail which we gave to a very poorly little girl to cheer her up after major surgery.



I’m glad I chose to do this latest one on Sunday. I was up in my loft for 8 hours non-stop quilting – as I could see I would finish it if I persevered. I thought it was hot up there then, but if I had left it to Monday or today I would never have made it!

Check back soon for the promised preview of my ‘Four in One’ quilt......
Until then – Happy Quilting!
Janet










No comments:

Post a Comment