Thursday 1 September 2016

Celtic Jewel

Meanwhile - back in the loft....



‘Auntie’ and I have been busy again! One look at the beautiful colours in this top made by Mary and I knew it would be a joy to work on. As soon as she left it with me, I was straight up in the loft to load it on the frame.



Mary has an embroidery machine, amongst her other machines (she is a collector too!) She had stitched out a lovely feather wreath design in the snowball blocks and didn’t want too much quilting which might detract from it.


So I circled round the design with some simple curls and stitched the pieced blocks in the ditch. Then I had fun doing the freehand curly waves and leaves in the borders. Mary had also created a striking inner border with a pale gold coloured broderie fabric with plain black behind.


It is going to be a quillow for a relative who is off to University later this month, so I have the pillow panel to quilt too, as soon as it’s ready.



Happy Quilting Everyone!
Janet

2 comments: